Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. HOW SYRIAN MILITANT GROUP IS RECASTING ITSELF Ahrar al-Sham, or Free Men of Syria, whose fighters have links to al-Qaida, is trying to portray itself as a moderate force fighting both Assad and the Islamic State group to garner Western support.
2. FOREIGN HACKERS TARGETED CLINTON’S EMAIL SERVER Attempted cyberattacks originated in China, South Korea and Germany after she left office in early 2013, according to a congressional document obtained by The AP.
3. WHY COMING HOME IN SOUTH CAROLINA WILL SPELL HEARTBREAK FOR MANY As floodwaters caused by record rainfalls recede, residents are bracing for the harrowing reality of just how much they have lost.
4. WHO WILL FACE TOUGH QUESTIONS IN CONGRESS Volkswagen's top U.S. executive is expected to be grilled on Capitol Hill as the emissions scandal appears to be deepening.
5. HEROIN ADDICT GOES THROUGH PIONEERING PROGRAM The AP talks to Kylee Moriarty, who weathers ups and downs of getting clean after taking advantage of a police department's addict-amnesty initiative.